Seværdigheder og attraktioner
- Blandt lokalbefolkningen
- Kongelige projekter, forskning og udvikling
- Kunst, kultur og historie
- Rekreation og underholdning
- Religiøse steder
- Spa og velvære
- Thailands dyr og natur
- » Øer
- » Dæmninger, søer og reservoirer
- » Nationalparker og marinereservater
- » Floder og kanaler
- » Blomsterdyrkning og haver
- » Varme kilder
- » Grotter
- » Vandfald
- » Badestrande og laguner
- » Dykkersteder
- » Bjerge (Doi)
- » Andre dyr og natur
- » Green Travel
- Vingårde og bryggerier
DailyOperating time: 06.00 - 18.00
Tham Than Lot National Park
Kategori : Grotter, Nationalparker og marinereservater
Attraction Details :
Commonly known among locals at Tham Than Lot Nation Park, this 54-square-kilometre national park embraces verdant forest, rare wildlife animals, waterfalls, and several caves including main attractions such as Than Lot Noiand Than Lot Yai caves, which are accessible through a 2.5-kilometer nature trail along the stream. The two caves are naturally decorated with spectacular stalactites and stalagmites one of which is the worlds tallest stalagmite pillar. The ideal time of the year to visit the caves is from February to April. It is recommended that you request the services of a park ranger as your guide. Accommodation and camping ground are available.
The park has two forest trekking routes:
● Route 1: Start from Tham Than Lot Noi to Tham Than Lot Yai. Tham Than Lot Noi contains stalagmites and stalactites. The creek ‘LumKraphroi’ flows inside the cave. After passing through Tham Than Lot Noi, go on foot about 1.5 km. to NamtokTraiTrueng and walk on for 1 km. to Tham Than Lot Yai. The total distance is 2.5 km.
● Route 2: Forest trekking route to Namtok Than Ngoen and Namtok Than Thong, about 1.8 km. long. Namtok Than Ngoen It is a small waterfall with 7 levels and takes about 35 minutes to travel from the park office to the first level. Another waterfall called Namtok Than Thong is a massive waterfall with 15 levels and takes 25 minutes leaving the park office to its first level.
How to get there :
The park is 97 km. from Kanchanaburi city center. Take the route Kanchanaburi-ThungMasang for about 23 km. then turn into Highway 3086 passing Amphoe Bo Phloi to get to King Amphoe Nong Prue. Hire a song thaeo at Nong Prue Market to the park.
Route 1: Start from Tham Than Lot Noi to Tham Than Lot Yai. Tham Than Lot Noi contains stalagmites and stalactites. The creek ‘Lum Kraphroi’ flows inside the cave. After passing through Tham Than Lot Noi, go on foot about 1.5 km. to Namtok Trai Trueng and walk on for 1 km. to Tham Than Lot Yai. The total distance is 2.5 km.
Route 2: Forest trekking route to Namtok Than Ngoen and Namtok Than Thong, about 1.8 km. long.